- Armpit or forehead: Doctors consider 99.3oF (37.4oC) and above a fever.
- Mouth: Doctors consider 100.4oF (38oC) and above a fever.
- Rectum or ear: Doctors consider 101oF (38.3oC) and above a fever.
- feeling very cold
- alternating between feeling cold and feeling hot
Effects of a fever on the fetus
Can fever cause pregnancy loss?
- ear or respiratory infections
- kidney infections
- genital infections
- getting the flu shot
- frequently washing the hands
- staying away from sick people when possible
When to see a doctor
- severe thirst
- low urine output
- dark urine
- severe cramps
- difficulty breathing
- decreased movement of the fetus